Massage Therapy CE Requirements
Our Massage Therapy CE Courses Approved for Delaware
The amount of Continuing Education (CE) that you are required to complete depends on when your license was issued during the full licensure period. If this is your first renewal, and you are licensed:
- less than one year – you are not required to do CE
- more than one year, but less than two years – you are required to complete 12 hours of approved CE
Active Massage Therapist’s and Technician’s must complete 24 hours of approved CE during each full licensure renewal periods between September 1, 2018 and August 31, 2020 even-numbered years (2018-2020, etc.).
The CE must include at least:
- 3 hours in Ethics, which may be taken in a classroom or online
- 9 hours of Core credits – which must be taken in a classroom hands-on setting
- 12 hours of Elective or Core credits which may be taken online
Online Courses cannot make up more than 50% of your total CE hours, the remaining 50% must be in a classroom hands-on setting. All courses must be approved by NCBTMB, AMTA or Delaware Board of Massage and Bodywork.
For Additional Information
If you have questions regarding your massage therapy license requirements, we suggest contacting the Delaware Board of Massage directly. The telephone number for the Delaware Board is 302-744-4500 or visit their website at https://dpr.delaware.gov/boards/massagebodyworks/continuing-education-and-audit-information/
Disclaimer: Please note that we provide this information as a courtesy, but do not guarantee its accuracy because laws are continually subject to change. Your State Board will hold you ultimately responsible for knowing the laws that apply to you. Please contact your State Board with any questions about your license.